Total Nostalgia - Ashill Sunday FC

Now I know this is not going to be the most interesting article for most people reading this blog but I came across this website today. http://www.ashillsundayfc.co.uk/

Ashill is a sleepy village in Norfolk, on the east coast of England. It was also my home for 16 years and where I started to play my football. Just seeing this website brings back so many memories of tiny changing rooms, marking the field out before the game, hanging the nets up, driving around 10 minutes before kick off trying to get 11 players and great friendships.

Big up to Ashill Sunday FC. Maybe I will get to play for them again one day when i return to visit my mum and dad, who still live in the cosy village.

I have just played my first game for months in the Tropics of Belize, turning out for my local team Banana Bank in the 1st Division. I thought it was going to be a grueling 90 minutes in the heat but the weather was cool and the pitch not too hard due to some recent rain. The pitches out here get rock hard in April and May. At the ripe old age of 35 I managed to play a full game and although I have a few aches, I am now inspired to get my fitness levels up so that I can compete with the local whippersnapers. The result was a less than exciting 0-0 draw against Jaguar Paw, one of the resorts we work with for our Belize Adventure Trips.

No comments:

Last 10 Escribbler Posts

Google


  • Powered by FeedBlitz