1 Less member needed to buy a Football Club

Sandringham Estate in North Norfolk



Ok, so I wrote about the novel Football website set up by Will Brooks, looking to garner 50,000 members who will all stump up £35 to create a fund in order to purchase a football club. I still have a lot of questions about how this could happen but it is such a fantastical idea that even if it doesn't work out I think it's worth the £35 to "enjoy the ride"


I registered this morning, which involves giving your name and email address. (the £35 comes later).


The biggest decision is too decide which club you wish to purchase, (actually you do not need to decide on any teams yet) ranging from the Premier League all the way down to the Isthmian League.


I thought about the Premier League Clubs but the amount of money that would be raised would not be enough to compete with even the strugglers in the top flight. The lower leagues seem like a more attractive proposition, where an estimated £1,375,000 would be a huge amount of cash.


I have voted for Kings Lynn Football Club, known as the Linnets, who play in the Southern Premier League and come from Norfolk. Why Kings Lynn? Well I used to play for them, in fact they were my first semi-professional team in the late 1980s. They are a lower league team, with a decent stadium (although could do with a lot of improvement), have a decent squad, just missing out on promotion through the play-offs, and also had a decent cup run last year.


Therefore in my humble opinion I think they could be the perfect club. they obviously have a decent team (relative to their standing) and that is a great starting point. Oh, and the queen has a country retreat (picture at the top) nearby so maybe we can get £35 from her also.


So I ask you all to give Kings Lynn a vote and sign up for Footballs Greatest Adventure.


Here is the Website : http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

No comments:

Last 10 Escribbler Posts

Google


  • Powered by FeedBlitz