The website, which is the brainchild of Fulham fan Will Brooks and 2 years into development has been featured on the BBC. Although it throws up a host of potential problems, the possibilities are tantalizing to say the least. With 50,000 members all having a single vote and the club run by true democracy it has to be worth £35 of anyones money.
MyFootballClub is offering to buy out a club that meets the following criteria :
- 51% or more of the football club shares can be bought with the Purchase Fund
- There is none, or a manageable debt
- The club has the potential to reach the Premiership
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Manager Game
Once the club is purchased here is where the fun starts. Members will be able to :
- Vote on team selection and formation
- Decide tactics, by voting for your preferred style of play and substitutions depending on match situations
- Vote for or veto Club transfers
- Suggest player purchases and send scouting reports
- Vote on how to allocate club funds, whether it’s on transfers, youth policy or the stadium or other major decisions
Currently 26,500 members have signed up and you will even have the option to vote for which club to purchase : The top 5 voted for so far are :
Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool all feature in the voting although I think wishful thinking is more at play here. You can vote for any team from the Premiership all the way down to the Conference North and South.
For more information visit the My Football Club Website here : http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/
The BBC ran an article covering Will Brooks ambitious scheme : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6639407.stm