Bush talks to God

George Bush seems to have got himself into more hot water after being quoted as saying
"'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... And I did

'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And by God I'm gonna do it"

He is a worrying leader. I guess he must be getting inspiration from somewhere and if its from God what better justification. And cynical me thought it was all about the oil.

Claims were made by a Palestinian Negotiator for the the upcoming TV series Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs

Bush Articles BBC and Guardian

-----------

If that isn't a concern then an insight into the mind of another influential US Christian leader (televangelist) Pat Robertson might be. Here is his fascinating thoughts into dealing with other world leaders (talking about Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez)

"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it," said Robertson Monday. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war."

Seriously, a Christian leader said this on TV. Hardly seems like a divinely inspired quote??

Thou shalt not kill. hmmmmm. Commandments : Subsection 4, Paragraph 12.3 "....Unless I say so..."

And this comes from a hugely influential figure in the USA. And we think the Middle East is full of fanatical religious leaders....

full articles CNN and Media Matters

----------

And the UK has started to threaten Iran about aiding the insurgents in Iraq. I hope we are not headed for another roll of the dice on the Risk board!!

BBC Article

No comments:

Last 10 Escribbler Posts

Google


  • Powered by FeedBlitz